ZennyDarkstar Games released a new game called A Life Lived and the version is 0.4. The game’s story is about As a young child you are found at the gates of the hospital. After being looked after by the staff, a kind couple who had been at the hospital giving birth to their first child, decided to adopt you and take you home with them (ok it wasnt that simple, but thats a story for another day). We are nearly 2 decades later. You live with, as you now know them, yours parents and sister. You are in your final year in school and already starting to plan the rest of your life. What has this time in your life got planned out for you.. well actually its totally up to you to decide, as this is a sandbox!
|File Size:||872 MB|
|OS:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
Game Version Changelog:
Quick explain.. this is not a full content version update. That will be v0.4
This is a minor content update and a major feature update.
New Quest Job with Father
New Steps First GF
New ability to text 4 NPCs with normal and flirty texts (these unlock at different points in the game) With multiple random replies now.
Altered the paper round job from weekend morning to before school for an hour.. So can now do 5 days a week instead of 2 but reduced the wage (and takes less time). This allows you also to work at the garage on the weekend.
Money grind should now be better.. Corruption grind is still a working progress (new starter quests are coming)
- Engine changes
- These are the big changes and have take a lot of my time since the v0.3 release
- Firstly .. The game now has 3 save slots. (These still function like the old one, so no save file)
- Secondly I have been able to update the engine to recognise an old save, and merge it in to a blank new one
- So you can from now on load old saves between versions.
Both features have been tested and are working, but I have little doubt that there may be teething issues. So sorry in advance if this does happen.. I have tested them in Chrome and Firefox
You should find your old save in slot 2.
There have also been a number of minor changes to the engine behind the scene to make it more future proof, balance some of the grind and make the quest info easier to update and keep helpful.
Code line count on v0.3 – 6395
Code line count on v0.35 – 6997
- New Quests added
- Some are only placeholders for now.
- Some have a number of steps but dont finish.
- Some have a start, middle and end.
- More steps added to a number of ongoing quests.
- First weekly repeatable quest added (which is a way of making money)
- More unique dialogue / pictures added for some of the NPC
- Hint system has been reviewed again to make sure it matches actual requirements
- Blue text roll out now should cover most stat changes to inform player of changes
- An NPC appartment added with a number of rooms inside
- Altered the size of the game screen to be slightly wider (use browser to magnify to your requirements)
- Quests are now coloured in the quest list to indicate level of difficulty
- Backend changes to the save to make it more likely to not require a new save between version.
- Primary work done to enable multiple saves in future versions. (UI not implemented in this version)
- More quests.
- More steps to current quests
- Some more quests now have endings.
- More NPC and Location Events.
- More unique interactions at different times/locations with NPCs.
- Group Activies (Lessons and eating meals)
- Being bullied mechanic changed in multiple ways
- Hint system improved (and more correct)
- NPC current location and event hints on the NPC profile page
- Blue text added after interactions to indicate stat changes (probably a few missed)
- About 10 new locations added (1 Shop and 1 house with multiple rooms)
- Access to houses mechanic built. Requires being invited to the house by a resident.
- Person answering the door to house needs to be friend to invite you in.
- More books / porn on laptop / and other ways to raise stats needed for quests.
- Daily lunch money increased and other ways to make money.
- Lots of minor tweeks to engine(QOL) and backstory based on feedback from players of v0.1
- Patreon Version built with early release and bonus starting money.
- And a whole load of extra things that I cant remember now.
- 3 weeks from v0.1 release, time spent on average over 5 hours a day.
The game currently has 70 unique locations, 54NPCs, multiple items, 7 quests and a number of special events. The NPCs and the stories they will have will be varied to cover most fetishes. ALL content can be avoided.. so if you dont like something, dont engage in that part. More information about the game and the direction it will be taking is available on the Patreon page. All I will ask is when you play the game, firstly I hope you enjoy, secondly understand it is the first release, and secondly judge it what it is trying to be and not on what it isnt(hope that makes sense)