Thornwell studios Games released a new game called By Another Name and the version is 0.031. The game’s story is about By Another Name is an adult visual novel that answers the question “What if I was an incoming college freshman, preparing to attend an elite private school on a soccer scholarship, when my dad unexpectedly dies right before the school year begins, leaving behind a mystery for me to solve that could force me to question the legacy of the man I was raised by?”
What’s that? That question is way too long and specific, and no one has been asking it? WELL MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN! Explore the campus of Trinity College as you acclimate to daily life as a freshman soccer player. Forge bonds with your teammates, your classmates, heck – maybe even your teachers – and work together to take your soccer team all the way to the top! Play the Way You Want to Play Choose your avatar at the start of the game and enjoy the experience tailored just for you! You can choose to play as a female character, a male character, or a non-binary character.
It’s super weird to me that most VNs just…make you a dude by default. Lots of people play visual novels. Even…shudder people who are not men! :O Make Decisions That Will Change Your Relationships With Others There are no wrong choices, but there are also no choices without consequences. Choose carefully and sleep (potentially with others) in the bed you make! Keep in mind, ALL characters either currently are or eventually will be romanceable.
|File Size:||1.52 GB|
|OS:||Windows, Mac, Android|
Game Version Changelog:
This is a general update with lots of QoL changes and 200+ lines of dialogue from throughout the game that have had changes made to them. Not that they were bad before…but now they’re definitely not bad
- “Hide” function added to quick menu so you can hide the interface during a scene if you’d like to do so
- “Rollback Side” function added to settings, in case that’s something you’re into
- Gravity re-enabled for Harper in the first event, as there was a scene in there where she was floating and being immune to gravity kinda makes her OP to be honest
- Updated Hint System
- There’s now a hint for every event, even the ones that automatically move from one to the next, for those of y’all who want to always know you’re moving in the right direction
- Fixed glitch that made it impossible to access second psych classroom event
- Added three new dorm-mini events (these are supposed to be added in 0.03, but they’re in this build because it would’ve been more work to take them out, enjoy <3
- Reminder that not all dorm events will be accessible from the start, keep playing and you may see new ones here and there!
- Added dialogue choices to early game events
- Added affection bonuses for some dialogue choices to early game events that should have had them before
Coming in the next content update: Interviews in The Pride Watch interviews with students conducted by the school newspaper, The Pride (Go Lions!)! Learn more about their history, their background, maybe even their dream dates (you might want to take notes)! Darkroom Profiles Teased in the Halloween event, each character will have a continually updated Darkroom profile, a social media platform where people post images of their daily lives. Find out what’s been left behind… Continue the main story, leading your friends in tracking down the next clue in the struggle to understand your father’s legacy and what he left behind!